For Receiver 3.1 and later, only secure (HTTPS) stores are allowed by default. The following procedure describes how to bypass this limitation in order to use HTTP in test environments.
Note: Citrix recommends using HTTPS in production environments.
Caution! Refer to the Disclaimer at the end of this article before using Registry Editor.
Complete the following steps:
- Click Start and enter regedit
- For 64-bit Windows client machines, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Citrix\
For 32-bit Windows client machines, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\
- In Dazzle, set AllowAddStore value to A to allow users to add non-secure stores.
Or, set AllowSavePwd value to A to allow users to save their passwords for non-secure stores.
- To add a store that is configured in StoreFront with a TransportType of HTTP, add the following value in AuthManager:
Value Type: REG_SZ
- Exit and restart Receiver.
Note: AllowAddStore can be set to N, S or A:
- N: Prevents users from adding or removing stores.
- S: Allows users to add and remove secure stores only (HTTPS).
- A: Allows users to add and remove both secure (HTTPS) and non-secure (HTTP) stores.
AllowSavePwd can also be set to N, S or A. The default is the value specified from the PNAgent server at run time. It specifies whether users can save credentials for stores locally on their computer and applies only to stores using the PNAgent protocol.
- N: Prevents users from saving their passwords.
- S: Allows users to save their passwords for secure stores only (HTTPS).
- A: Allows users to save their passwords for secure (HTTPS) and non-secure (HTTP) stores.