Release Date: December 19, 2017
Third Party Product fixes (For example: JRE, tcServer). This patch is applicable for vCenter Server for Windows, Platform Services Controller for Windows, and vSphere Update Manager.
NOTE: This patch updates only the JRE version 1.8.0_141.
Download Size: 40.9 MB
These vCenter Server components depend on JRE and has to be patched:
- Platform Services Controller
- Management Service Controller
- vSphere Update Manager
Download and Installation
VIMPATCH package provides an autorun with Patch All button.
- Mount the VMware-VIMPatch-T-6.5.0-7312210.iso to the system where the vCenter Server component is installed.
- Double-click ISO_mount_directory/autorun.exe
vCenter Server Java Components Update wizard opens.
- Click Patch All.
When you double-click the Patch All button, patches are applied to the existing products by launching the corresponding Windows installer packages. Autorun displays the patch results at the end.
- During the patch process, the Management Software undergoes a downtime as the patch restarts the services.
- vSphere Update Manager activities like Remediation of Hosts etc., are not supported while patching vSphere Update Manager.
- Systems where all vCenter Server components exist on a single system (Simple Install system), VIMPATCH can be applied only once to update all components. On a distributed system, you need to patch the components on each system individually.
For more information see, Update the Java Components with VIMPatch.