Di seguito la risoluzione ad un problema che mi è recentemente capitato soprattutto con ambienti SQL di tipo Express:
“Could not allocate space for object ‘X’ in database ‘Your Datase’ because the ‘PRIMARY’ filegroup is full” error
You receive an error similar to: ‘Could not allocate space for object ‘X’ in dabase ‘Your Database’ because the ‘PRIMARY’ filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting auto growth on for existing files in the filegroup.’ when browsing to your site.
Your database is either too big or had an artificial size limitation imposed on it by a previous host.
The following steps require Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio. If you do not have this installed on your local computer please follow the instructions at How To Connect to Your MS SQL 2008 Database and Disable Collation
- Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Right click [your database] and select Properties.
- In the left navigation window of the dialog box that pops up, select Files.
- In the Autogrowth column select the … button noted in the image below and change them it to Unrestricted Growth under Maximum File Size.
- Repeat step 4 for the second file type.
- Click OK
- Reset your site (reset the web.config file by renaming the files and saving it, then renaming it back.)
If you still continue to get this error, your database is over 4 GB in size. You can shrink your database using the instructions at How To Truncate Your DNN Logs In Your MSSQL Database then follow the above resolution again.