When installation completes, an Add Account wizard is presented for email-based account discovery where the user is required to enter either their email address or a secure (HTTPS) URL to the store.
Rename CitrixReceiver.exe to CitrixReceiverWeb.exe. This solution works through both the GUI install and CLI install. Refer to Deploying Receiver from Receiver for Web for further instructions.
Important! The file name is case sensitive and should be ‘CitrixReceiverWeb.exe’.
Note: If the user is not logged on the EnableFTU key will also be required.
- Install CitrixReceiver.exe from the command line using the /ALLOWADDSTORE=N option.
Prior to installing Citrix Receiver.exe, set the following Windows Registry value on the target machine. This can be done manually from the Windows Registry Editor or from an Active Directory Group Policy Object (GPO). Verify if the EnableFTU value is set correctly before installing CitrixReceiver.exe.[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Citrix]
- Run CitrixReceiver.exe /ALLOWADDSTORE=N /Silent as a local Administrator. Citrix Receiver appears under Programs and Features of the Control Panel when successfully installed.
- Log on as a Domain User account. The wizard does not appear.
- Allowaddstore is used to disable adding stores in the self service user interface – specifically the Add button in the Accounts dialog. If not set to N, the user can add any number of stores.
- EnableFTU is used purely to prevent the pop-up on first run after installation, which primarily asks for a store address. This is shown only if no stores are configured.
- Setting Allowaddstore to N would not set EnableFTU = false.
Change Registry values post installation to suppress the Add Account window.
- Under HKLM\Software\Citrix\Dazzle, set AllowAddStore value to N.
- Restart Citrix Receiver for Windows to apply the new Registry value.