There were three files with different extensions,
- .ova – OVF descriptor, written in XML, which describes the hardware requirements
- .mf – contains SHA1 checksums of the .OVA and .VMDK
- .vmdk – the virtual hard disk for the virtual machine.
The solution involves extraction and editing of the OVF file to change the CD-ROM type.
- Extract the OVA to some accessible folder using an extraction utility e.g. 7Zip
- Remove the file .mf
- Change the following line to the file .ovf …
- Deploy the appliance using the normal OVF deployment method.